In general, prospective volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years old (Exceptions: Teen Programs, Beach and Algae Clean-Ups)
- Complete the required online Volunteer Application
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide a TB clearance
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination OR provide a negative COVID test taken within 1 week before coming to the Aquarium each time you volunteer
- Meet in-person with Volunteer Program staff
- Be able to make the necessary time commitment. Most programs require at least a 3 or 6-month commitment.