The Waikiki Aquarium aims to “inspire and promote understanding, appreciation and conservation of Pacific marine life.” Many wonderful people help to make this mission a reality. These special people, diverse in age, background and experience, are eager to learn more about Hawaii’s marine environment and how they can share this knowledge with others.
- In general, prospective volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete the required Volunteer Application Forms
- Meet in-person with Volunteer Program staff
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be able to make the necessary time commitment. Most programs require at least a 6 month commitment.
- Provide a current Tuberculosis (TB) clearance
- Contact the Volunteer Program Office at (808) 440-9020 or email@example.com for information about your program of interest. We will provide additional information about the application and training process. All prospective volunteers must also meet in person with Volunteer Program staff.
- Download the required Volunteer Application forms.
- Completed applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (808) 923-1771 (ATTN: Volunteer Program). Applications can also be mailed or delivered in person to:Waikiki Aquarium
Attn: Volunteer Program
2777 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
- Applications can also be completed in-person during a meeting with Volunteer Program staff.
- Please contact the Volunteer Program Office at (808) 440-9020 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to schedule an in-person meeting with Volunteer Program staff.
- Being a regular volunteer at the Waikiki Aquarium brings many rewards:
- Making a difference to staff, visitors and marine life
- Extensive training provided by qualified staff
- Continuing education opportunities
- Discounts on Community Classes and purchases at The Shop at Waikiki Aquarium
- Formal recognition of volunteer contributions; including invitations to annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and Holiday Party, certificates, letters of recommendation upon request, etc.
- Friends of the Waikiki Aquarium membership; which includes free admission, special event notices, facility rental privileges, subscription to our quarterly newsletter Kilo i‘a, and much more!
Take the Plunge!
Do you want to get involved with this great group of people? Call the Waikiki Aquarium’s Volunteer Program Office at (808) 440-9020 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. HST today!
Aquarium Interpreter Volunteer Training: May 6 – 22, 2014
The Shop at Waikiki Aquarium Volunteers needed Thursdays 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Training scheduled individually.