Ke Kani O Ke Kai 2018 – The Waikīkī Aquarium’s popular annual summer concert series offers visitors and residents an evening of live entertainment and food under the stars. The five-concert series was held on alternating Thursday evenings from mid-June through early August featuring some of Hawai‘i’s top entertainers. Concert guests were encouraged to explore the Aquarium galleries that remain open throughout the evening and bring blankets/chairs to sit on the beach-front lawn – making this major fundraiser one of the best, and unique, ways to experience the Aquarium and Waikīkī.
Seating will be tiered, so those sitting on mats on the grass lawn will be seated closest to the stage, those with low chairs in the next section back, and those with full size lawn chairs seated furthest-most from the state. No outside food or beverages will be permitted in the venue area. Limited parking may be available, so guests are encouraged to utilize public transportation to and from the event.
Children of all ages are permitted.
2018 CONCERT SERIES DATES & LINEUP
- June 14
- Performances by: Jeff Rasmussen and Robi Kahakalau, Nathan Aweau, Kaumakaiwa Kanakaole
Halau: Hula Halau O Kamuela
- June 28
- Performances by: Ho‘okena, Maunalua, Amy Hānaialiʻi Gilliom
Halau: Halau Hula Ka Lehua Tuahine
- July 12
- Performances by: Kimie Miner, Kapena, Napua Greig
Halau: Hālau Nā Lei Kaumaka O Uka (Kumu Hula-Napua Creig)
- July 26
- Performances by: John Cruz, Hapa, Streetlight Cadence
- August 9
- Performances by: Kalani Pe‘a, Natalie Ai Kamau’u, Keauhou
- Halau: Hula Olana (Na Kumu Hula-Howard and Olana Ai and Shelsea Ai Apana)
- Members: $30 for adults; $15 for children ages 5-12, and free for keiki 4 and under.
- Non-members: $50 for adults; $20 for children ages 5-12, and free for keiki 4 and under.
(includes single admission to all five concerts).
- Members: $120 for adults; $45 for children.
- Non-members: $200 for adults; $75 for children
† Food, beer, wine and other beverages will be sold separately.
‡ No outside food or beverage will be permitted.
We hope to “sea” you at this year’s concert series!
Ke Kani O Ke Kai 2018
Brought To You By
Guests can purchase their tickets through the Hawaii Theatre Center by visiting their box office on Bethel Street or online by clicking the buttons below.